Hi everyone! Hope you’re all well and enjoying the summer. I should apologise for the lack of blog posts these past two months. I decided to take a little break from the blogging and social media world and organise my personal life a little better. I am excited to get back in the kitchen and start making more fun and original recipes and am pleased to share with you one I tested recently.
Also did you notice my blog has a different layout? The new grid layout should make things much easier for you when searching for new recipes. Let me know in the comments your thoughts on the layout, suggestions are aways welcome!
Anyway back to the cake…this recipe is the perfect summer bake – great for picnics, birthdays or just a Sunday afternoon! The great thing about this recipe is it’s so light and filled with fruits you don’t feel guilty eating it. I chose to fill my very berry chocolate cake with greek yogurt and strawberry jam – topped with a mixture of delicious berries. All of which contribute to the refreshing experience you have munching on this cake.
- 2 cups of self raising flour
- 1 cup of sugar
- 1 and 1/2 cups of butter
- 1 teaspoon of baking powder
- 1/4 cup of cocoa powder
- 1 teaspoon of vanilla extract
- 1 tablespoon of nutmeg
- 3 medium sized eggs
- Greek Yogurt
- Strawberry Jam
- Preheat oven to gas mark 4.
- In a bowl mix together sugar and butter until creamy
- Add in eggs one at a time and whisk
- Add Vanilla extract and whisk
- In a separate bowl sift all your dry ingredients and mix until well combined
- Add dry ingredients to egg mixture and whisk until well incorporated
- Line two baking tins with grease proof paper and pour mixture evenly into two tins or if you only have one tin pour half the mixture in the cake tin and use again for second half.
- bake for 35 minutes or until knife comes out clean
- Allow the cake mixtures to completely cool before spreading jam on the bottom of one cake and greek yogurt on the top cake to make a sandwich.
- Icing the top of the cake with greek yogurt and sprinkle with berries of your choice.