Are you a cakey or gooey fan?
Or should I say bar? Thanks to the lack of sunlight left (i shot these on a very late evening) I had to quickly shoot my strawberry and banana chocolate bar straight from the oven – meaning very little time to cool. Not to mention the main reason behind it being a bar rather than many smaller bars. I always love experimenting with banana when baking but thought I would take it one step further with todays recipe by adding some strawberries as a topping. A combination which I can say I am pretty happy with. The banana and chocolate give the brownie the overall flavour but the strawberries on top adds juice and warmish textures.
- 85g Self-raising flour
- 1 Banana
- 1 cup of chopped strawberries
- 120g Brown sugar
- 50g Coco powder
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 120g Butter
- 3 Eggs
- 50g Dark chocolate
- A handful of desiccated coconut (for sprinkles)
- In a bowl melt chocolate and butter – once completely melted mix together.
- In a separate bowl whisk together eggs and brown sugar.
- Once the chocolate and butter have cooled add them to the eggs mixture and stir well.
- Mush 1 banana and add it to the mixture.
- Now include all the dry ingredients and fold gently into the mixture.
- Add the mixture to a baking tray.
- Roughly chop a handful of strawberries and sprinkle on top. Pressing each strawberry gently into the mixture.
- Bake for 20-25 minutes or until knife comes out clean.
- Wait for bar to cool and cut into small chunks.
- Sprinkle with desiccated coconut.