Because…Chocolate + Banana + Cinnamon + More Chocolate = Heavenly Foodie Goodness
I love it when I have really ripe banana’s left over because it gives me an excuse to make tasty treats, and todays recipe totally counts towards our five a day – err right guys? Sometimes when baking I get a little over the top with cinnamon but todays recipe was no happy accident I assure you. Cinnamon + banana’s + chocolate + even more chocolate = heavenly foodie-goodness! Plus the aroma these chocolate cinnamon and banana muffins give off when baking in the oven..is amazing! The chocolate and banana work exceptionally well together but for me it is definitely the added spices that gives it something extra. Not to mention the texture and taste of these muffins with all the extra chocolate give it a really rich texture.
Of course if you are not a fan of cinnamon feel free to take this ingredient out! It does take a while to bake in the oven but they takes less than 15 minutes to prep!
- 8 tablespoons of butter
- 1 egg
- 150g of chocolate
- 2 ripe bananas
- 1 cup of self-raising flour
- 1/4 cup of coco powder
- 1/2 teaspoon of baking powder
- 1 teaspoon of cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon of nutmeg
- 1/2 cup of granulated sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon of vanilla extract
- handful of milk and white chocolate chips
- Preheat the oven to gas mark 4
- melt the butter in a saucepan. Add the sugar and vanilla extract (while butter is melting) and stir gently until sugar has completely dissolved. Once done add it to the bowl.
- In another bowl melt the chocolate in the microwave for 40 seconds. Once cooled add it to the butter mixture.
- Now mush the bananas as finely as you can and then add them to the bowl.
- Whisk in the egg to the mixture.
- Add in all dry ingredients and mix well.
- Lastly fold in chocolate chips saving some to sprinkle on top.
- Add the ingredients careful into muffin cases pop them in a muffin tray and bake for 20 – 25 minutes or until knife comes out clean.